1. What version of CAS are you running?
We are running CAS 3.5.3 from Apereo/JA-SIG.org.
2. What does CAS authenticate against?
It uses the UM Directory server. This contains all UM students and faculty/staff/affiliates for UMCP, UMES, UMCES, & USMO.
3. What "username" is returned by CAS?
Users can use their Directory ID (uid) or their U_ID number (employeeNumber) to authenticate to CAS. In either case, CAS will return the Directory ID.
4. Where can I learn how to use CAS with my web application?
Here is a little presentation on how a CAS authentication works.
5. What are the URLs for the UM CAS server?
See the CAS Protocol specification for details on the parameters.
6. How can I stay informed?
All users of CAS are strongly encouraged to subscribe to the UMDIRECTORY listserv list
by sending a message to email@example.com with a body of